- Staggered appointments
- Full sterilisation procedures between appointments
- Customer hand sanitiser and mask
- Temperature taken before appointment
- Practitioner wearing PPE
Assess medical history, ear health, previous surgery etc. and explanation of procedure.
Video Otoscopy (initial inspection)
Using a video otoscope, visual examination of the ear canal so that wax blockage can be observed and seen by patient.
Wax Removal using Micro-suction Procedure
The practitioner uses loupes (specialist magnifying goggles) to see inside the ear canal. Using the micro-suction apparatus, the wax is gently suctioned out of the ear canal until clear.
Benefits of Micro-suction
- Pain free and very quick
- No syringing which can be stressful and cause trauma to the eardrum.
- No mess.
- Safe for patients who may have a perforated eardrum, previous surgery or even recurring infections.
Video Otoscopy (after micro-suction)
Patient can see the ear canal after the procedure to check that it is clear.