1. Earbuds will probably push the wax deeper in your ear, even if you are really, really careful and cause it to compact on the eardrum
2. Earbuds can cause blunt trauma in the ear, which can cause infection and pain
3. Earbuds may damage the protective layer of protein in the ear canal, making the ears more sensitive to wind etc. as you grow older
4. Earbuds may help introduce germs into the ear canal as they have surface bacteria and other harmful germs
5. Earbuds are made of cotton which is absorbent and can remove the natural moisture from the ear canal making it dry and itchy
6. Earbuds are bad for the environment ( nothing to do with ears but just saying )
I know it's tempting to use ear buds, but honestly, they do not remove wax and all you are doing is damaging your ears. Just a drop of olive once a week should keep the wax soft and the ear canal lubricated. Trust me !